Stuff

Ha Ha

Monday, July 16, 2007

Oh Harry...

So, I saw Harry Potter 5. It is my least favorite of the books, due to the evil of the Ministry of Magic - D. Umbridge. I thought I would really hate it. I went and saw it at the I-Max 3D, and was disappointed to find out that only the last 20 minutes of it were actually in 3D. It was really long and really only covered maybe 100 pages of the book.

J.K.R.'s books are so complex and descriptive that I wonder if movies were really the medium to go with. Imagine the YEARS and YEARS of episodic TV we could get out of these novels....but, I digress.

If you haven't seen it, well then go, although hopefully, you have already read the books, because if not, you will be completely lost. Living here in CA, we have gotten all the hype of the premier, I studiously avoided Hollywood that day. It is so odd to watch Movie 1 and then Movie 5. It is like watching your cousins grow up by only seeing them on the holidays. I also did not know Fred and George (James and Oliver Phelps) have brown hair IRL...go figure.

Only 5 more days until book 7 comes out (July 21st - Harry's Birthday). Obviously, I will not be doing anything this weekend but finding out the fate of the gang from Hogswart. I did hear a rumor that J.K.R. may write another book about the gang, but geez, I am looking forward to a bit of closure with this story line. I mean there are still 2 more movies to go, so it is not like Harry will fall out of the public eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home